If the coffee lover on your shopping list this holiday season doesn’t have a coffee grinder, get them one this year! They’ll thank you and will probably make you some really great coffee in exchange for the really great gift you gave them.
Coffee grinders are important because coffee starts to lose it’s flavor and go stale within fifteen minutes of being ground. That means all of the pre-ground coffee that you see on the shelves at grocery stores in stale. No matter how good of equipment they have, there is no saving their coffee. When you get them a coffee grinder, they will be able to taste the difference.
Entry Level Coffee Grinders
The Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System was the first coffee grinder that I owned. It’s affordable (less than twenty bucks) and gets the job done. Read my review.
Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System
- Measures 4-1/2 by 4 by 8-inch; 1-year limited warranty.
- Removable, dishwasher-safe grinding chamber; cord storage
- Chamber maid cleaning system; bowl scraper dislodges coffee from grinding area
- 3 Grind settings; wide upper collar; flip-top lid for mess-free filling and emptying
- Electric coffee grinder grinds 4 to 12 cups for precision brewing
Mid Level Coffee Grinders
Earlier this year, 1800Parts.com sent me the Krups Burr Grinder GVX 2. I haven’t used my Mr. Coffee Grinder since then. The Krups Burr Grinder isn’t perfect, but the grind is a lot more accurate and I can taste the difference. Read my review.
- Generously-sized burr grinder; avoids overheating and preserves aroma
- Constructed of durable black plastic and brushed stainless steel
- Fineness selector offering 17 different settings; adapts to fit each type of coffee maker
- Large capacity hopper; removable ground coffee container
- Measures 10 by 4-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
Currently on sale at Amazon for $50.93
Premium Level Coffee Grinders
If your loved one is serious about their coffee, it’s time to stop messing around. They need the Virtuoso Preciso from Baratza. The Baratza coffee grinders are what many coffee roasters and shop owners use to grind their beans. It gives you 440 levels of adjustment that allow the coffee love on your shopping list to fine tune until they get the perfect cup of coffee. If they’re a coffee nerd, they need this.
- Features a pulse button for more accurate grinding
- Commercial-grade conical burrs won’t heat up the coffee while grinding
- 440 distinct steps of adjustment for more control over your coffee
- Includes thermal safety device to keep the motor in good shape and prevent overheating
- Easy to clean with the provided bristle brush and removable burrs
Buy the Virtuoso Preciso at Amazon for $299.99.