I know it’s just about Christmas and everyone is thinking steak recipes to grill on the barbecue! What? You’re not? Well, here’s a delicious coffee infused steak recipe anyways. I know I can’t be the only one that thinks grilling steak year round is a delicious idea.
Unlike the Caffeinated London Broil, that had just a hint of the coffee flavor, you can taste the coffee in this recipe. If you make it too strong, like I did the first time, all you’ll be able to taste is the coffee and pepper. It’s a very flexible recipe, perfect for someone who loves to play around on the grill.
I found the original recipe on I Need Coffee (which has many great coffee recipes), then tweaked it somewhat for my taste buds.
- Steaks – flexible on what kind of steak, I grilled up two different kinds and both worked. In other words, whatever kind of steak you usually grill.
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dark Roast Coffee – Coarse ground like for French Press coffee
- In a bowl mix a half cup of the coffee with a quarter cup of pepper. You may need more depending on the size of your steak.
- Cover the steaks with olive oil and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Lightly season with the garlic powder.
- Cover the steaks with a heavy layer of the coffee and pepper mixture.
- Let it marinate for two hours.
- Sear on a hot grill and cook until ready. I recommend a nice medium rare, but I understand if you want to cook it more thoroughly.
Still have some more recipes in the works, so keep an eye out for those in the near future.
Do you have any favorite coffee recipes? Are there any that you’d like to read about?