Leona is a writer, who is writing on behalf of Kitchen Science, who loves coffee just as much as anybody. She will help you to determine once and for all which is better…coffee or tea?
One of life’s biggest debates is the fierce battle between tea and coffee; which is better? Ok, maybe it’s not as big as Apple vs PC, Angelina Jolie vs Jennifer Aniston, Batman vs Superman or PS3 vs Xbox…but it’s still up there (well, for me anyway). It’s a no brainer to me as to which I prefer (hence why I chose to write on a coffee related website) but I’m constantly having to compete against my tea-drinking comrades.
So I’ve decided to write a humorous little list as to why I think coffee is better than tea in a bid to prove to coffee lovers everywhere that you are drinking the right brew.
- Coffee doesn’t taste like tea; it taste better. Need I say more?
- Coffee is cool. You’ll never see celebrities or rich people going to cafes to buy tea to go. No, no, no! Behind these polystyrene cups are definitely a delicious hot cup of java joe.
- Coffee sounds very cool too. All the coffee-related names are cool Italian names: cappuccino, mocha, latte, macchiato, Americano. With tea, you’ve got…well, tea.
- As mentioned above, you can get different types of coffee but only one type of tea (and no, fruit flavoured tea and green tea does not count)
- Coffee is luxurious. With coffee, you can have a flashy expensive looking coffee machine with frothing machine, grinders, roasters, steamers, etc. When you brew a cup of tea, it’s just tea bags, a little pot and maybe a strainer too. Now tell me, which of these will look better in your kitchen?
- You are not required to lift your pinky finger when you are drinking coffee like you do with tea.
- Looking at Wikipedia, it seems that there are a lot of health benefits when drinking (a moderate amount of) coffee.
- In the morning, it can magically transform you from a walking zombie to a happy-go-lucky person.
- You can drink a shot of espresso quickly and on-the-go without even thinking about it. You can’t do that with a shot of tea (if such thing exists)
- A cup of coffee will perk you up quicker than Flash the superhero. A cup of tea will perk you up slower than trying to get a child off the bed and go to school…and that’s slow, believe me.
- One of the coolest coffe-related movie quotes around is from ‘Goodfellas’ when Tommy DeVito (played by Joe Pesci) said “C’mon, make coffee to go”. Can you imagine if you he had said “C’mon, make that tea to go”. Goodfellas would suddenly look completely different.
But I must confess that I do drink tea on several occasions. No, I’m not betraying the coffee beans, honest. I’m simply being open-minded and drink various beverages. Just like you won’t eat the same food day in, day out, the same applies to when I drink.
But have no fear; as there’s no doubt in my mind that coffee is simply the best hot beverage you can get. I think it’s safe to say that I will never get bored of it. Now, all this talk of coffee is making me crave for another smooth aromatic taste of a hot cup of coffee.